Monday, May 21, 2007

Back in Asuncion, May 21, 2007

Greetings from Asuncion!

Spent 3 nights in Karen's little village before making the 8 hour trip (1 hr hike, and 7 hours on busses) back to the capital, Asuncion. She put us up in a very nice hotel with hot water. We went out with some PC friends and met some parents that just arrived to visit their daughter.

I will send a more lengthy update on my trip to her site once I get home. Suffice it to say that it was the most amazing travel experience I've ever had in my life. The people in her community live rich lives, not in the materialistic sense of course. But they were so friendly, giving, and it's obvious they adore Karen. And Karen, wow, she is so content here. I don't know if we'll be able to get her out of here in another year or so! :)

Later today I'll start the long trip home. My flight leaves at 6 pm and I'll get back to Bloomington around 11 am on Tuesday if all goes well.

No comments: