Saturday, June 30, 2007

On being a baseball mother...


Here's a swell photo (taken by my pal Ann) of Dan getting ready to make a play at first base.
I've never liked watching sports, and baseball was always the worst because it takes so long. Plus when the game is tied you never know when it will end. I'm usually just content for one of the teams to make the tie-breaking run.
Then it became apparent that baseball was going to be Dan's favorite sport. Ugh. To cope, I knew I had to do 2 things: not wear a wrist watch to his games and learn to keep a score book. Oh, and I also learned to eat sunflower seeds (discretely, of course).
On the up side, baseball has been great for my social life. As parents we all experience the boys' peaks and valleys together. At the risk of sounding like a sap, we are like a big family. Life is good.

No comments: