Saturday, October 18, 2008

Quebec City


I traveled to Quebec City earlier this month for a conference. The foliage was spectacular. Visiting QC is a unique North American travel experience. The architecture, the language (French), and culture is unlike most places in our part of the world.





I stayed at the Auberge Internationale which is a youth hostel. Surprisingly, there were people older than me staying there! The price was right - $32 per night...cheaper than the cab ride ($32.50) from the airport!






I had a lower bunk in a room for 6 women. Bedding was provided although you had to bring your own padlock and towel.







Jim Raymond is a former student and son of my good friend Lisa from Chicago State. He enjoyed the night life of Quebec City!








This is the home where I grew up in Hancock, NY.

No comments: