Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Goodbye Illinois, Hello Colorado!

Tom took this picture the night before Dan's departure to start school at the University of Colorado at Boulder.  I think Dan is ready for this new chapter of his life...and so is his dad, "I've been raisin' kids for 36 years!"  His mother, however, is a different story. Wow!
Good ole Joel snapped some pics of the move.

Worldly possessions.
Karen, Joel, and Dan will be studying on campus for the next few years. I told them they should occasionally meet in the middle of campus to hold hands and sing Kum Bye Yah.
Dan's room is in the basement level. No AC so maybe the lower level will be cooler.  His roommate arrives tomorrow and is from Colorado.
Movers and shakers
Meanwhile, back at the ranch, my gal pals and I went kayaking today after work. I needed to have something to do to take my mind of the activities unfolding in Boulder. It was a lot of fun!  We saw lots of blue herons. And, of course, we're all quite proficient kayakers! ;)

No comments: