Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Back to the USA


Here is the Noodle Lady at the SWU canteen who made my lunch for me everyday. The last day she gave me a double of everything in the noodles (2 fish balls, 2 wantons, 2 tofu chips, 2 porks, etc.) for free! I ate every bite. This is only a 10 second video.

Here is Malin. She will take over my classes. She just learned that her Masters Thesis will be published!







My students on the last day. It was a great trip! Before I left people asked how I could travel to Thailand all alone, and wouldn't that be lonely. It easy to do because of my Thai colleagues who are also dear friends. They took excellent care of me, introduced me to all kinds of wonderful food (Tom Yum Noodle Soup), took me to beautiful places in Bangkok and to the sea, and showed me great kindness. Another great person in all of this has been Tom. He was very supportive even though I was gone during one of the busiest times of the summer! And Dan has become quite skilled at doing the laundry. Thanks for checking out my blog!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It shows how much you miss it!

Barb said...

You're right! The other day I looked for ingredients to make the soup at the grocery store. No luck.