Monday, June 1, 2009

Bangkok, Thailand

I arrived in Bangkok at 11 pm last night. Daow, Malin and T were there to collect me and off we went into the city.








After a 30 minute drive we arrived at the Srinakharinwirot University visitor residence. Here a few pics of my digs.







TV, frig, microwave, you name it!









They provided a laptop and a cell phone to use!







My apartment has a door that leads to an outdoor sink and a view of the street below. The university is located in the main business district of Bangkok called Sukhumvit.







This is my view.









Hum...what she is selling? My attempts to learn basic Thai were weak at best. At this point, all I can say in Thai is "Hello", "Thank You" and "The cat is next to the car."

7 comments:

Diane said...

Hello
so glad you have arrived and have had a good first day

your digs look nice but if it is the hottest season is air included

however..not sure how far you will get over there with..."the cat is next to the car" ha ha
later Diane

Barb said...

Yes, there is excellent air conditioning!

Jeanne said...

Glad you made it safely...please no pictures of chicken embryos on your dinner plate this time :)

Jeanne

Dan E. said...

Much sweeter digs than STV!

Joel Villaflor said...

Hey there...You're at least speaking more Thai than I did. I also had difficulty determing the value of a Baht because I'm still converting to Pesos from USDs! And embrace the mass transit, especially the Skytrain. Tuk tuks can be a rip-off.

sk said...

I know what the hottest season is!!! It looks like you have Amy's digs from our summer there. I suggest you learn the dog is next to the car unless there are fewer street dogs than 2 years. sk

Joel Villaflor said...

I'm going to accompany my wife to Bangkok this Sunday June 7 to Tuesday. Would love to meet up with you if you're not busy. Just let me know. It would be so great to see you!

Joel