Wednesday, June 3, 2009

VPs, Campus, Tailor, and Food


Meeting with the VP of International Relations to discuss the wonderful relationship between SWU and ISU over the past 30 years.







SWU is celebrating its 60th anniversary in 2009.








My tailor.









My first meal was Chinese roast duck and shrimp. We also had tofu, rice, chicken and noodles, and much more.








This man is cutting durian, a spiky-shelled fruit that is a pungent delicacy in Southeast Asia. It smells so bad that it is banned from airlines, buses, and hotels. I didn't try any (yet).





.

Sustainable Tourism team and farang (foreigner).






.


Panpim, who makes the continued relationship between ISU and SWU possible. She earned her doctorate from ISU and is now Dean of the International College.




3 comments:

Dan E. said...

Pungent and a delicacy? Hmmmm

Barb said...

I ate jellyfish tonight, but I'm not sure the pungent delicacy is on my list! The jellyfish was kind of chewy...but I loved the oysters, squid, and crab. :)

sk said...

I can remember the jellyfish. Never had it again, but you gotta try everything except the durian. I tried but just couldn't get it past my nose. I love seeing Malin, Daow, Mr. T, Panpim and the crew. So am I see more gray in Daow's hair?