Tuesday, January 26, 2016

More on my radical sabbatical in Bangkok

 This first picture is a great example of Thai extremes.  If you click on the picture you will see how people have made elaborate gardens on their balconies.  At the bottom of the picture is a tangle of electrical wires which is commonly seen in the streets. My question is: how does anyone know which wire goes where, and which wire does what?
After class I went to the office and found all of this for lunch.  The Thais go out to a little shop or a market and buy all these tasty treats that are served with rice.  I'm not accustomed to eating such large meals but I did sample a few for good measure. The green stuff is morning glories. I liked the bottom left that was full of spicy red chilies.
Supranee (with the checkered top) invited me to dinner with 10 people mostly from Cambodia. First, though, her former student had stopped by to give Supranee a back adjustment - like chiropractic. He asked if I wanted a treatment and, of course, I said sure. You never know what will happen on the way to dinner.
Good food and great conversation.
P' Daow has moved up in the university from the fieldwork/internship coordinator to overseeing  the budget for the International College.

No comments: