Friday, February 5, 2016

Bangkok and Pattaya

 Finished teaching my class yesterday.  They were an attentive group. Only one guy fell asleep!
 No matter where I am, I love a bowl of cereal in the morning. It stems from my childhood when my brothers and I chowed down on Captain Crunch, Quisp, Quake, Coco Puffs, and Frosted Flakes every morning.  Those where the days where no one worried about sugar content in cereal!

The book is my travel journal which I've maintained since traveling to see Karen in Paraguay back in 2007.
A delicious salad with raw salmon and fish roe.
 This sweet gal lives at SWU. She spends her days snoozing in the shade.  When Panpim arrives the doggie jumps up and "talks" to her, hoping for some table scraps and a scratch on her head.
Pattaya is a resort town southeast of Thailand. It became famous during the Vietnam War by GIs who visited the city for rest and relaxation.  I borrowed a bike to ride to a nearby village to see the fishing pier.  Riding on the "other side" of the road is quite interesting.
Fishermen in their bright colored vessel with Pattaya in the background.

Tom will be departing in a few hours for Thailand.  I can't wait to see him!

No comments: